TOWER OF BESCANSA
It was a tinderbox and some say it also saw King Charles V landed on his last visit to A Coruña. The Tower of Bescansa is one of the oldest buildings in Oleiros .
Seventeenth century and is born as a magazine to fill the castle of Santa Cruz. After losing his function in the nineteenth century a resident of Palma de Mallorca bought the farm , but in 1853 sold it to a merchant of A Coruña, Tárrago Francisco . The property had about 6,000 square meters and included housing , warehouse, pier and tower. In 1907 the inherited Tárrago Carmen , wife of Luis Bescansa pharmacist .
Leoncio Bescansa , the author of A Coruña Labaca Schools , made the draft reform of the building. Up to half of the seventies was the Finca Bescansa summer residence but after the death of a family person inside was abandoned. In 1993 the City Council signed a development agreement with land holders and integrated into the future promenade. The property of the estate was demolished but preserved part of the old gardens with mature olive trees and two late nineteenth.